Saturday, June 5, 2010

Old Town Kopitiam

Today I met up with Qiu Lin for lunch. She is one of my high school friends and is those type of friends where even if you don't meet up frequently, the closeness still remains.
The last we met up was last year October.. which is really a long time back.
Anyway.. we decided to meet up at old town kopitiam opposite giant bukit tinggi.
Its' the first time i been in any of the old town branches..
I was there first and while waiting for her to come over from station 1 due to some miscommunications... I was flipping through their menu. I think i sat there for almost 10 min and not a single staff greeted me or asked me if i wanted to order.
Seriously the service sucks. I think it is hard to find a place where service is up to par in Malaysia.
And while I was waiting, the opposite table was asking about his order.. like hard boiled eggs still not yet served... the waitress looks blur.. asked the boss and than oni the boss came and said yes yes its almost ready... went to get eggs and served the customer. I didn't hear a single sorry uttered. Its sad to see the kinda service we have to endure. And yet being charged service tax!!!
Anyway Q Lin arrived, we ordered and our food came pretty fast. I ordered tom yam meehun... wasn't great. Too sour and i almost emptied like half the sugar from the sugar container thingy and yet its still so sour. Doubt I'll want to go there again. Price is average like any other "branded' kopitiams.. slightly overpriced if u ask me but wat to do.. seems like everywhere is like this.
So I have yet to find a favourite hang out place... wishing to find something like central park in the sitcom 'friends'

No comments: