Wednesday, June 16, 2010

FIFA Fever in my house!??


So World Cup 2010 kicked off on Friday. I know many people around me are excited and looking forward to all the matches. Me? I wasn't really bothered. What I didn't know is my parent caught the fever as well!! I came downstairs after my nap to have dinner (yes at 10pm) and found my mom surfing through all the channels.
Mom: Football which channel??
Me: Huh u interested to watch wan meh?
Mom: Aiyaa world cup ma... in south africa and first match somemore is south africa.. kan cheong ahh.. must watch
Me: errr okaayy.. hmm what's for dinner?
Mom: Eh why don't have wan... local tv station not showing ar?
Me: I think got la.. u look again... (goes into kitchen to search for my dinner)
Mom: ee louya wan ... dun have also.
Me: Check tv1..
Mom: Oh.. (surfs the tv again) err don't have tv1 tuned...
Me: Tune now lor
Mom: Aiya than all the other channels will lari.. no choice.. (proceeds to tune) should I tune auto or manually?
Me: Auto lor let it search itself
TV: tuning... and finally locates tv1
Mom: Oohh got liow how to stop how to stop...
Me: errrr proceeds to the tv... dunno la.. try pressing all the butttons...
TV: continues tuning... on its own... and locates tv1 again.
Me and Mom: (pressing all the buttons)
**********Anyway finally we got the channel rite... mom and dad watched the game while I sat and eat my dinner.
Mom: Wah kan cheong... if south africa lose cham lor
Me: They won't lose wan la.. they are the host.. got politics wan..
Mom: Where can like that.
Me: Everything also politic wan la.. most to most draw lor..
Mom: No such thing la...
Me: Today's chicken very nice.. new style ar
Mom: Ya... oohh.. ooohhh almostttt enter... wah very hard to enter wan la
Me: continue to talk non football topics
**********Mom continues to ignore me and exclaim ooh and ah and ee and goooaaalll.. throughout the game.. dad remains silent and watches the game.. =.="
**********After awhile..
Me: why is it so noisy ah!?? It's like bees buzzing... is south africa under attack by a plague of bees?
Mom: Haha ya lor.. so noisy
Anyway things are back to normal now. Good thing my parents' footie fever oni lasted one nite... n not one mth. Maybe it'll hit them again for the final match. Good thing my hse no astro so my brother have to resort to watching somewhere else.... haha else I will be having sleepless nights suddenly waking up to shouts of GOAAALLLL!!! and OHHH NOOOO!!!! and than me in turn shouting.. OIIII I NEED TO SLEEP WAN LAAA.. CAN QUIET DOWN ANOT!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Jessie said...

wah.. ur mum also ah??..

my parents also lerrrr..
until everynite need to scream at them to keep quiet...

moichipok said...

ya i totally know wat u tokking about! good thing now my bro also working liow n most important is we dun hv astro!
haha good thing my parent not like ur parent.. all the match also watch..